This course is aimed at personnel who already work in the wind industry or related fields and have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure.
Your current GWO certificates must be in date at the time of sitting your refresher course.
This course offers all essential safety skills in 4 days, in one location. We offer all the basic safety training approved by GWO to make sure you’re equipped to continue in your current role; essentially these qualifications allow you to operate in any role in the wind industry.
This 4 day course comprises of:
- Sea Survival and Marine Transfer
- Working at Height and Rescue Refresher
- First Aid Refresher
- Fire Awareness
- Manual Handling
The course can be physically demanding and to participate in the training you must be medically fit and capable of participating fully. You must provide us with a copy of your valid, current medical certificate as proof of your recent fitness.
- Valid in date GWO Working at Height, First Aid, Sea Survival, Manual Handing and Fire Awareness Certficiate
- You must provide a valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence
- You must be 18+
- The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate.
- Appropriate clothing to climb in (we advise loose clothing which does not hinder your movement)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather conditions (Parts of the training will take place outsite)
- Safety footwear
- Swimwear (Towel, swimming costume etc.) We have on site changing rooms and showers.
- Personal kit
You are allowed to bring your own PPE other than that provided by CWind Training. You must provide a signed self-declaration stating that the equipment is in good condition and relevant inspections are up to date. CWind Training withholds the right to refuse use of equipment if it fails visual inspection.