There will be a classroom session designed to allow individuals to show a good understanding of: legislation associated with sea survival in the UK, exposure, hypothermia, drowning, lifesaving appliances, PPE and the transfer process. There will also be realistic practical sessions in the dedicated survival pool allowing individuals to demonstrate correct personal and team survival techniques.
- Legislation associated with sea survival in the UK.
- Exposure, hypothermia and drowning.
- Lifesaving appliances and PPE.
- The transfer process.
- Man over board.
- Communication techniques
- Sea survival techniques and man over board.
- Transfer techniques.
The course can be physically demanding and to participate in the training you must be medically fit and capable of participating fully. You must provide us with a copy of your valid, current medical certificate as proof of your recent fitness.
- A valid GWO Working at Heights Certificate
- You must provide a valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence
- You must be 18+
- This course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate.