This course is delivered in partnership with Offshore Marine People & Academy.
For enquiries and course availability, please contact us.
This 2 day training course is designed to provide an understanding of the use and application of Subsea Power Cables. It provides information and knowledge on all aspects, from the early developments to the modern cables used today. The course also covers the various tools and techniques used throughout the operational stages; from storage through to laying and protection on the seabed, each of these are explained using real examples and scenarios.
The course covers all aspects throughout the Cable Life Cycle including:
• History & development of Subsea Power Cables
• Product Integrity, specifications data & tolerances
• Cable storage and management onshore
• Cable handling machinery & equipment
• Load out procedures & techniques
• Cable testing
• Jointing techniques & equipment
• Transportation handling and offshore storage
• Cable lay vessels & barges
• Fault identification
• Burial & protection techniques
A basic understanding of offshore operations. No previous cable experience required.