To mitigate against the fading of skills and knowledge amongst technicians, GWO have analysed the basic safety refresher modules and released this interim standard as a way for already trained technicians to continue to work safely by enabling the technicians on site to practice the knowledge and skills that they have learned during GWO training and apply this to their daily work tasks.
The aim of BSTR-P is to reduce the risk of injury in the wind industry by reviewing, refreshing and building on previously gained knowledge and skills from GWO BST initial or refresher training.
This course is delivered in a virtual online classroom through a combination of group discussions, individual explanations, theoretical and practical training that aim to enable the course participants to support and care for themselves and others working in the wind industry.
Attending and passing GWO BSTR-P allows the course participants to extend the validity of their existing GWO BST/BSTR certificate by 6 months.
The course may potentially be physically demanding and to participate in the training you must be medically fit and capable of participating fully.
- GWO Working at Height, First Aid, Sea Survival, Manual Handing and Fire Awareness Certficiates that are about to expire or expired in the last 6 months.
- You must provide a valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence
- You must be 18+
- The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate.
GWO BSTR-P is delivered live online, to enrol onto the course participants must have the following:
- An internet connection that can support two way video conferencing
- Laptop or tablet (You will not be able to join from your mobile phone)
- Web camera and microphone (Built into your laptop/tablet or external hardware)
So that the course participant can demonstrate correct use of equipment, the following equipment is required to participate in this training:
First Aid Partial Refresher
- Triangular bandages
- Basic first aid kit
Manual Handling Partial
- A load that weighs no more than 5kg (11.02lbs)
- A table
Fire Awareness Partial Refresher
- There is no specific equipment requirements for participants
Working at Height Partial Refresher
- Full body harness
- Work restraint lanyard
- Fixed length fall arrest lanyard(s) with an energy absorber
- Slider or glider
Sea Survival Partial Refresher
- Life jacket
- Immersion suit
- Transfer suit
- Full body harness
- Twin fall arrest lanyards